Course Correction Requests
2023-24 schedules are viewable on StudentVUE starting June 30th, 2023.
All schedule changes must be requested within the first 10 days of the semester. Please be aware that changes to the master schedule may impact schedule changes throughout the summer.
- Corrections can only be made for strong academic reasons.
- Few electives can be changed (we cannot move required classes).
- We do not change teachers. Corrections will not be made to have specific teachers or to rearrange class periods.
- Appropriate times to request a schedule change are: before school, during lunch or after school. Please do not come during class time.
If a student is in a special program, such as Full IB, IBCP, AVID, ML, or SPED, contact their advisor first to approve the change, then contact their counselor.
If a student is trying to change an IB course, a yellow IB Opt Out form must be completed by the student before a schedule change is considered for approval by Administration.
Please know that every attempt has been made to honor students’ course request forms filled out in the Spring. However it is not always possible to keep all students in their requested classes, due to class sizes or availability, and other variables.
Missing a class required for graduation; especially English, Math, Social Studies or Science.
Enrolled in a class already passed.
In a class without meeting the prerequisites.
Scheduled for the same class twice.
Either a hole in schedule, or two classes during the same period.
- You want a class with a friend.
- You want a different lunch.
- You want to switch the teacher.
- You don't like your elective.